Monday, December 3, 2007

Little Shop of Horrors


I just want to say I have a very talented group of friends who I am very grateful for, but the one I want to honour here is a dear friend of mine who I've known since grade 1!

She teaches at the Red Deer College and is in charge of certain aspects of the productions that they put on. Suffice to say that these productions are large enough you have to get tickets through "Ticket Master"!!

This year they did the "Little Shop of Horrors" and it was an amazing production. She was in charge of the set design for this play. It was a revolving stage and had some VERY clever turns. The plant (if you know the play...it is about a man eating plant!) continued to grow throughout the play and it was so well done.

So, congratulations to my friend Carrie Hamilton for an amazing show and a beautiful set. To quote some reviews:

"Hats off to the outstanding technical team as well including set designer Carrie Hamilton who created four Audrey II puppets (especially the biggest one!) at different stages of growth."

"It’s darkly funny. And it features one of the most spectacular sets, designed by Carrie Hamilton, of any college production in recent memory."

No comments: